I was nominated the other day for the One Lovely Blog award by the fantastic Leslie Diamond. Thank you, Leslie, for nominating me! 🙂
There are rules, of course, for the acceptance of this award. (Really….so many rules…no wonder I have formed the habit of breaking them! LOL) Here are the rules for this one:
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
I can tell you right now, #4 is going to be difficult. I’m not sure I know 15 other bloggers, especially those who have not already been nominated. That being said, I want to make it clear that if I end up nominating someone who has already been nominated….I apologize! Feel free to ignore it!! 🙂
So, here we go…
Seven things about me:
1. I am an introvert. I need to be alone at least part of every day and I absolutely despise having to talk on the phone, though I do it to make others happy.
2. I am a huge NASCAR fan. My favorite driver is Matt Kenseth, driver of the #20 Dollar General/Home Depot Toyota. I have been to five Sprint Cup races since 2009, and attended all but two on my own. I own and proudly wear a bright yellow Dollar General Racing/Matt Kenseth jacket in the winter. 🙂 I also love the heart-thumping, ear splitting sound of racing…dirt track or Sprint Cup. I love the vibration of the engines rushing all the way through me! ~sigh~ 😀 I’d drive a race car if they’d let me!
3. Purple is my favorite color (can you tell?). I have a purple mouse and mouse pad, a purple phone cover, purple bath accessories (towels, wash cloths, bathmat, etc), and purple bedroom accessories (Roman shade, curtains, sheets, duvet cover, etc). I also have purple seat and steering wheel covers in my truck 🙂
4. When I’m not writing and reading JAFF, I am a teacher (5th grade, special ed). I also crochet and embroider.
5. To go along with #3, I like speed. I love to drive fast, which is sometimes difficult in a Suburban. It’s a great stress reliever, because you have to pay attention to the road at all times and be very focused. 😉
6. I am the oldest (and smartest, in my opinion ;)) of three siblings. Next in line is a sister and the youngest is a brother.
7. I live in Ohio’s snow belt (hence the Suburban–4WD). I grew up here, moved away, then in 2009 moved back.
Now the hard part. I nominate Eileen Brown, Rose Fairbanks, Sarah Johnson, Cat Gardiner, Pamela Lynne, and Sophie Andrews. Not all are new bloggers, and at least one has been nominated before, but they all have wonderful ones! If you are a new blogger, consider yourself nominated! 🙂